Monday, February 20, 2012

Guest Post by Author Mary Corrales


Today my fellow paranormal/erotic romance author, Mary Corrales, has come to visit! She writes about demonic lovers. Well, if that's not interesting, I don't know what! ;-)
Welcome to my blog, Mary.

*****

Thank you for having me here today, Deborah. I'd promise to behave myself, but I don't like to lie. Lol.

So here's my question for all your readers: Does true love really exist? We all know that the path to discovering love is littered with broken hearts. My thought is that those broken hearts are the stepping stones that eventually grow us into strong mates for that perfect someone.

No one enjoys a broken heart, but it doesn't have to destroy our faith in love. My philosophy has always been to feel it, learn from it, and then move on from it. In the case of my heroine, Alexine Coridan, she wants a one night stand to erase the pain in her heart. What she gets is a chance at that elusive true love, if she can face Love's Demon Ways.

Alexine Coridan is lonely and unlucky in love. Vowing to live her life with no more regrets, she decides to have a one-night stand with the Nightfall Art Gallery’s reclusive owner, Ren Aloysius, but is he more than she is looking for? What forces will be unleashed when she sheds her inhibitions for a man who promises ecstasy with just one touch?

Excerpt:

He leaned forward, pressing his lips to hers in another tender kiss. “You’re beautiful when you sleep.”

“You’re such a romantic at heart,” she said, cupping his cheek. Staring into his eyes she noticed a tint of green to the gray. “How’s your demon?”

“Calm.” He gazed at her a moment. “You understand about what we’ve done?”

“If you’re talking about me saving your life, then yes I know.” She shrugged. “This was the test your mother mentioned.”

“There are repercussions, Alexine.” He brushed a lock of hair back from her face. “You and I are bonded though my blood.”

“I figured as much, though I thought it was the incredible sex that did it.” Moistening her lips, she nodded. “So long as you’re okay, nothing else matters.” Pushing any lingering uncertainties to the back of her mind, she smiled. Besides, what more could happen that might weird her out? Not much from her perspective.

He blew out a breath and sat up. “We need to talk about the future. There are things you don’t know about yet.” He ran a hand through his hair.

Her gaze strayed to his magnificent chest and the dusting of brown hair that trailed down to disappear beneath the sheet. His body looked so delectable she wanted to shove him back on the bed and taste every inch of him. The thought made her smile and lick her lips.

“Alexine, you’re not listening to me.”

Blinking, she locked her gaze to his. “Yes, I am.” What had he been talking about? Their future or some such that she considered not as important as her licentious thoughts. “I’m just thinking about tasting you again is all.” She wondered if her horniness was a side effect of demon blood.

You can get Mary's book, "Love's Demon Ways", here: http://www.bookstrand.com/loves-demon-ways

Mary

http://www.authormaryc.com

http://twitter.com/MaryCorrales_A1